Owning and maintaining a home in Montgomery is a big responsibility. As a homeowner you want to take care of and enjoy your investment. Decorating, designing and furnishing the interior and exterior are often the biggest priorities for homeowners. But one of the most important yet overlooked necessities for a home is insulation. Many homes are built with minimal insulation and over time that insulation wears out or is damaged.
A Need for Upgraded Insulation
Look in your attic and you may notice your current insulation is dirty, full of animal droppings, is moldy or even has gaps. These are visible signs that you need new insulation. Poor air quality, rising electric bills, and drafts are also signs that your home needs an insulation upgrade.
There are several different types of insulation to choose from: cellulose, fiberglass and spray foam. Each type has a specific purpose and use. But for many Montgomery homeowners spray foam insulation is the most popular choice of insulation.
What is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation or spray polyurethane foam (SPF) is a versatile, convenient insulation solution. Created by mixing two fast-reacting liquids, isocyanate and polyol, it expands to create a foam that fill cracks and gaps throughout your home, in places such as attics, walls and ceilings, creating an air and moisture barrier.
Types of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation comes in two forms: open cell and closed cell. Open cell spray foam costs less than closed cell spray foam but is less dense, with a lower R-value per square inch. This means it needs to be applied in a thicker layer, making it great for larger spaces such as attics, ceilings and floor joists.
Closed cell spray foam insulation is more dense than open cell foam and needs a thinner layer to provide an excellent air and moisture barrier in your home. It also strengthens the walls and ceilings of your Montgomery home.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Choosing to install spray foam insulation in your Montgomery home is a wise choice. Even though the upfront cost of spray foam insulation is higher than other insulation types, you save money over time through the many benefits you receive.
The biggest benefits are:
- Reduced energy bills-Spray foam adheres to every crack and crevice creating an air barrier, so air is unable to escape. This allows your HVAC system to work less to keep your house at an optimal temperature throughout the year, lowering your electric bills and saving you money.
- Improved air quality-Spray foam prevents allergens and pollutants from entering your home through the walls, allowing your family to breathe easier.
- Prevention of mold and mildew-Spray foam creates a moisture barrier that keeps out water and moisture and is unaffected if it does get wet.
- Reduced sound-Spray foam insulation also acts as a noise barrier to give you a quieter home both inside and out.
- Less creepy crawlies and rodents-Once spray foam hardens into your home’s cracks and crevices bugs and rodents lose their entryways into your home.
- Quick installation and long-lasting-For most homes, it only takes a day to install spray foam and it last for decades, without losing any of its effectiveness, strength or shape, unlike other types of insulation.
- Eco-friendly-Consume less materials over time since spray foam is long lasting and reduce your carbon footprint since your home will consume less energy.
- A stronger home-The density of spray foam gives your home an extra layer of protection from the outside elements and creates sturdier walls, increasing the quality and safety of your home. Added insulation increases the future resale value of your home too.
An Insulation Company You can Trust
At EcoLogical Insulation, we have been providing Montgomery homeowners with the highest quality spray foam insulation installation services since 2008. We pride ourselves on being the best spray foam contractors in Montgomery and strive to provide exemplary customer service and spray foam insulation installation to all our Montgomery customers. Contact us today to learn more. We look forward to speaking with you!