- Is Installing Attic Insulation Worth It?March 2, 2020Attic insulation is the most important part of home insulation. When the heat in your home rises, it could escape through your attic if it is not properly insulated. This means the air you have paid to condition might easily escape. This would require your heating system to work harder than necessary. It is estimated that attic insulation and air sealing can dramatically lower your energy costs. [read more...]
- Can I Add New Insulation On Top of Old?March 2, 2020Should you remove old insulation first or can you install additional insulation over the old? The answer according to ENERGY STAR is that you can install new insulation over your old insulation unless the old insulation is wet. Here are some factors to consider: Do not install kraft faced insulation over the top of current insulation in an attic. Batt insulation installed over existing insulation [read more...]
- Skip DIY: Why You Should Hire an Insulation ContractorMarch 22, 2019Many homeowners like to tackle home improvement projects. With available tools such as online videos and retail store guidance, homeowners feel confident in taking on almost any project. When it comes to installing or upgrading home insulation, it’s best to hire a professional insulation contractor. Here are three reasons why you should hire a professional insulation contractor: Proper [read more...]
- Why an Energy Audit and Testing is ImportantFebruary 7, 2019An energy audit (also known as a home energy assessment) will give you a total overview of your home’s current energy use. It will also report how much energy you use in your home now and where you are losing energy. The energy audit and testing gives you information for making your home more energy efficient and more comfortable. An energy audit and testing assesses the factors that uniquely [read more...]
- Is Installing Attic Insulation Worth It?